Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This baby has a mind of it's own!

The baby got his/her first jet ski ride this weekend. Hehe We went camping at Center Hill with my family and I took one of the jet skis out for a bit. There’s nothing as relaxing as gliding on the water on top of a jet ski. So therapeutic. Anyways, I was sure to be extra safe and not pull any stunts since I’m pregnant. I think the baby liked the experience. :)

My nausea is somewhat better now. I still get sick, but it’s not nearly as bad as the first several weeks. Maybe I truly am getting used to it. Gwen was able to get me some greatly coveted Zofran and that’s definitely helped. Thank God for her!

I’m amazed at how many cravings/food aversions I’ve had so far. I didn’t have this with Evan. For instance, if you know anything about me at all, you know I’m a huge Diet Coke/Diet Dr. Pepper junkie. Now, I can’t stand them. Too sweet. I’m sure this has contributed to my sickness…major caffeine withdrawals. Also I’m a chronic gum chewer. Now, I can’t handle minty gum or peppermint or sometimes any gum at all. Before I was pregnant, I very, very rarely wanted McDonald’s. Now, I could eat a breakfast burrito and a kids cheeseburger everyday. Last night we went to Jim and Nick’s (our good ole standby restaurant) and I couldn’t eat their cheesy muffins. !!!! This is of major concern. I usually can eat the entire basket myself. If I start craving pickles and mustard, I will lose it. (I loathe them!)

And finally, my belly is already pushing out there. A lot of it has to do with me eating so much this past 6 weeks trying to curb my nausea, but there’s definitely a bump there. Yesterday I even felt a twinge of sciatic nerve pain. Oh crap! Let’s pray that beast doesn’t return this pregnancy! Oh and most delightfully, another part of my body has gotten bigger. All women know what I’m referring to here. :) They didn’t grow any last time, so it’s kinda fun to be shopping for bigger bras now. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment