Saturday, March 6, 2010

35 Weeks

Wow, I've really slacked off on blogging this pregnancy. I've been too busy nesting with not only the baby's room, but the whole house.

We decided a few weeks ago to name baby #2 Gavin Harrison Meisner. Gavin has always been a favorite of mine (and once again, the only name we could agree on) and Harrison is a Meisner family name. Steve's grandpa is Charles Harrison and there are several other men in Steve's family with that middle name. It's been really difficult picking a name this time. I hesitated with Gavin because it's so much like Evan, I felt like they'd get confused when I'm calling them. Our other top choices were Ian and Ethan, but after thinking about those names over and over again, I still liked Gavin the best. For the record Gavin, your dad wanted to name you Paul William Meisner II after your Poppy. But I really wanted to call you by a name that I loved, thus Gavin. We compromised by making Harrison your middle name to still have a family name.

I've actually felt really good this pregnancy once I got past all the sickness of the first 4-5 months. I rarely take naps or slow down. My brain never stops with all I want to do to the house before Gavin arrives. Since we just moved into this house a few months ago, there's so much to do still. But I think we've made excellent progress for the short amount of time.

I feel like I'm smaller with this pregnancy than last, but of course that could all change in the next few weeks. The last ultrasound we had said that Gavin was in the 83rd percentile as far as size goes, leading us to believe he's going to be a big baby, but it just doesn't feel like he's that big inside right now. He's so active. Evan was much calmer in the womb. Gavin moves around a lot. I like it though...each movement lets me know he's still alive and well in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment