Wednesday, January 13, 2010

27.5 Weeks

So I'm a few days away from entering into my third trimester and I'm starting to feel it! Baby's getting bigger and putting more pressure on my pelvis and back, but it's all good! I'm pretty sure I've got the full on waddle going on.

Yesterday we got to see the baby via ultrasound because I had low lying placenta and they needed to make sure the placenta moved up to avoid complications. Fortunately the placenta did move up and all is well! I haven't dilated yet either, which was another thing they wanted to check since I dilated early last time. The baby is in the 83rd percentile as far as size goes (who knew they even measured that in utero?). The COOLEST thing was seeing him stick out his tongue and blink his eyes! He did that thing with his mouth that almost all babies do where they open their mouths and kinda flick their tongue or something. Hard to describe but Steve and I both saw it...it was so neat. It made us REALLLLY want to pick a name for this little boy! So we're picking up the pace and trying harder than ever to find a name for him.

Last week Steve finished refinishing Evan's furniture, so now all the nursery furniture is in the baby's room. I have his bed linens all clean and on the crib ready to go. Andrea has given me all the baby toys back that I loaned her and then some. Oh my gosh...all the floor toys I have! At least the baby won't be bored!

I've started going through all Evan's baby clothes, seeing what I have, what I need, washing and organizing them. I'm SO happy I saved a lot of stuff. I got rid of a lot of little clothes, but I have a lot of older clothes for him. Plus now I can justify buying more expensive stuff since two boys will wear them. hehe Actually I *hope* they can share clothes. Their birth months are a few months apart...hope that doesn't mess the sharing clothes thing up.

Santa brought Baby Boo 2 tiny outfits from BabyGap that I'm going to bring him home from the hospital in. They are SO tiny and precious. Grammy bought him a tummy time floor toy for Christmas as well, so he wasn't left out!

It's starting to become more real that we're actually having another baby. We try and imagine how it will be, having two, how this boy will be different than Evan...but it's one of those things that you can't fully get until it happens. We're just praying for a baby that is healthy and eats and sleeps well! We're getting excited. It's going to be so great to have another little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment